Acceptance and Commitment Therapy at Souther
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
Alcohol is the most commonly abused addictive substance in the US and around the globe. Nearly 15 million people over the age of 12 have an alcohol use disorder (AUD), and tens of thousands of people die from alcohol-related causes. Though we know that alcohol addiction can be deadly, we also live in a culture that accepts alcohol consumption, within certain parameters, as normal. It should come as no surprise that more than 80% of American adults report drinking alcohol in their lifetimes. But what makes the difference between appropriate levels of alcohol use and the disease of alcohol addiction? If you think you or someone you care about is addicted to alcohol and could benefit from a substance abuse treatment program in South Carolina, don’t wait to learn more.
Reach out to our Southern Sky to learn about our alcohol addiction treatment program in Bluffton, SC. Our experienced staff is available to talk to you, answer any questions you have, and discuss rehab options. You can reach us by phone at 843.350.5769 or fill out our online contact form.
Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
The DSM defines an AUD as a “maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress.” There are eleven specific criteria used to determine if someone has an addiction to alcohol and at what level of severity. They are:
- Requiring greater amounts to achieve the desired results of drinking
- Drinking in greater amounts or for longer periods than are considered normal use
- Wanting to stop or cut down on drinking but being unable to
- Spending a disproportionate amount of time daily planning the next drink, acquiring alcohol, drinking, and recovering from overuse
- Physical and psychological cravings for alcohol
- Failing to meet work, home, school, or other responsibilities due to drinking
- Drinking despite clear signs that doing so is negatively impacting relationships
- Avoiding or skipping family, work, and social activities due to alcohol use
- Drinking despite the danger to self and others
- Continuing use despite physical and mental health problems created or exacerbated by alcohol
- Withdrawing, with all associated symptoms, when alcohol is unavailable or withheld
Compared to misusing prescription drugs or purchasing and abusing street drugs, alcohol use is considered normal. That perception, however, can skew people’s understating of what constitutes overuse. That means we often fail to recognize the tipping point at which casual drinking becomes alcohol dependence and addiction.
When in doubt, seek professional input. A discussion with a clinician at our alcohol rehab in Bluffton can help you clarify your own alcohol use.
Request a Confidential Callback
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
What can you expect at an alcohol rehab center? Many practices are considered an industry standards for treating alcohol use disorders. The goal of any alcohol addiction treatment program in Bluffton like the one at Southern Sky is to offer therapies and interventions that give clients the best possible long-term recovery outcomes.
Here are some of the key elements of an alcohol rehab program:
- Education–You will learn about AUDs and how alcohol addiction affects your body and brain. You will also learn the coping skills you need to recognize and avoid triggers and thus avoid relapse. Ongoing education throughout rehab for you and your family enables a healthy recovery and safe return to a sober life.
- Personalized attention–Your individual treatment plan is part of an effective rehab experience. You will be seen as a whole, unique person with your own history, specific risk factors and vulnerabilities, psychological profile, and mental and physical health background. This level of personalization is important for your sense of immediate well-being and your long-term success.
- Coordinated care–Therapy options are part of your care protocol. In rehab, you may experience group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy. You can also receive specific modalities such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) or acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). Holistic therapies, medication management, and 12-step programs are often available too.
- Peer support–One of the most powerful elements of an alcohol addiction treatment program is the support of and interaction with peers who share your journey. From daily accountability to shared stories with people who have your back, peer support has been proven effective in long-term recovery.
- Follow-up after-care–Ongoing care post-discharge is an excellent way to ensure a smooth transition from alcohol rehab. This can include continuing therapy and peer groups and the introduction of sober activities.
We Work With Most Insurance
We are an in-network provider with Cigna & Blue Cross Blue Shield, meaning up to 100% of the costs associated with treatment at our program.
Risk Factors for Alcohol Addiction
Because alcohol consumption is normalized and many people will drink alcohol at some point in their life, this raises the question of why some people can consume alcohol and not become addicted while others develop an alcohol addiction.
There are several alcohol addiction risk factors that can influence why someone may become addicted to alcohol, including:
Genetics plays a more significant risk in increasing your likelihood of developing an addiction than you may think! If you have a family history of addiction, especially with a close relative suffering from an alcohol use disorder, your genetics can heighten your risk of developing an alcohol addiction yourself.
Inevitably, drinking too much alcohol regularly can contribute to developing alcohol addiction. While it may not seem like it, alcohol is a legal drug that the body can become dependent upon, especially if you drink alcohol in high quantities frequently.
Drinking at an early age can also increase your likelihood of developing an alcohol addiction.
If you are struggling with other mental health conditions, especially if those conditions are untreated, this also raises your risk of developing an alcohol use disorder. This is because many people with untreated mental health conditions may use alcohol as a means to cope with their mental health conditions.
Being constantly surrounded by peers who often drink in large amounts may also increase your risk of developing an alcohol use disorder.
If you are struggling with an alcohol addiction, you don’t have to fight it all on your own. At our alcohol rehab in Bluffton, we offer a range of treatment options to help you overcome your addiction and live a long-lasting life of sobriety.
Benefits of Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Our alcohol and drug rehab in Bluffton is one of the top South Carolina alcohol addiction treatment centers committed to giving you the exact support and care you need to overcome your addiction and maintain a long-lasting life of sobriety.
Addiction can be extremely isolating and difficult to overcome all on your own. That’s why seeking professional support and care is essential to take back your life. Our alcohol addiction treatment center in Bluffton offers a wide range of treatment options to help your unique needs.
Here are some of the top benefits of seeking alcohol addiction treatment:
Our Bluffton alcohol addiction treatment center provides professional support and care, so clients receive the exact care they need to successfully overcome their addiction.
We provide a safe and calming environment at our alcohol rehab in Bluffton so you can focus entirely on your addiction recovery. With fewer distractions and stressors present, clients can give their undivided attention to our drug addiction treatment in South Carolina.
Clients receive comprehensive care and support so they can not only overcome their alcohol addiction but maintain life-long sobriety. Maintaining long-term sobriety helps clients achieve their greatest potential while increasing their general well-being and quality of life.
Our alcohol rehab in Bluffton provides clients with tailored treatment plans to receive the exact care and support essential to successfully overcome their addiction. Individualized treatment doesn’t just help quit drinking alcohol in the short-term but provides the right support and care so patients can live a long-term life of sobriety.
Struggling with addiction can be extremely isolating. At an addiction treatment center, you’ll be surrounded by a community of other recovering addicts with similar experiences so you can connect and feel less alone in your fight against addiction.
Southern Sky–Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program in Bluffton, SC
We offer evidence-based substance abuse treatment in Bluffton, South Carolina. If you suffer from an alcohol use disorder or are concerned about a friend or loved one, reach out today to learn how Southern Sky Recovery can usher you safely onto the road to recovery.
It’s easy. Just call us at 843.350.5769 or complete our online form.