Acceptance and Commitment Therapy at Souther
At-Home Detox Services
Detoxification is the first crucial step in addiction treatment. During detox, someone struggling with addiction stops using drugs and alcohol to start their journey forward in sobriety. Once they stop using and the substances slowly leave their body, withdrawals like nausea, headaches, and other uncomfortable symptoms set in for a few days. Working with a professional in a rehab center or through an at-home detox program provides the safest, most comfortable routes to manage withdrawal symptoms.
If you are ready to commit to a healthier, happier future, detox is the first step. Southern Sky Recovery offers an at-home detox program to help you get sober and manage your withdrawal symptoms. To participate in this program, you must have a teachable caregiver who can provide nutrition, supervision, and transportation if needed. Take the first step toward a better future. Call 843.350.5769 today to find out if at-home detox is right for you and to learn more about our addiction treatment services in South Carolina.
What Is At-Home Detox?
The first step in any detoxification program is removing toxins from your body. This can be done by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and avoiding drugs and alcohol. However, sometimes it is necessary to go one step further and work with a professional to manage withdrawal symptoms during detox.
At-home detox programs are designed to help your body rid itself of drugs and alcohol that have built up over time. Instead of visiting a rehab center or entering a medical facility, at-home detox programs provide support and instruction from a caregiver who works with a rehab specialist.
The caregiver can monitor your progress and provide any needed support, like fresh meals, plenty of water, and supplements or medications as needed. Your caregiver can also provide emergency transportation to a doctor if needed.
Request a Confidential Callback
The Benefits of Drug and Alcohol Detox at Home
While detoxing at home can seem intimidating, it can also be a positive experience. Being at home means you can remain comfortable while enjoying limited interruptions to your work, school, and family life.
Some of the primary benefits of completing detox at home include:
- Privacy – Drug and alcohol detox can be a very personal process. Many people feel embarrassed or ashamed of their addiction, and they may not want to seek treatment in a public setting. By detoxing at home, you can keep your detox process private and avoid any stigma associated with addiction treatment.
- Affordability – Detox programs can be costly, especially if you choose to go to a residential treatment center. At-home detox is much more affordable and can still provide a high level of care and support.
- Flexibility – At-home detox programs are very flexible, and they can be customized to meet your specific needs. This means you can detox at your own pace and in your own time. Plus, you may be able to return to work and school more quickly after detoxing at home.
We Work With Most Insurance
We are an in-network provider with Cigna & Blue Cross Blue Shield, meaning up to 100% of the costs associated with treatment at our program.
Who Can't Detox at Home?
Many people can safely detox at home, but there are some exceptions. If you have any of the following conditions, you should not attempt to detox at home:
- Severe addiction – If you have heavily abused drugs or alcohol for a long period, an at-home detox program may not be right for you. Trying to quit substances after a long bout with addiction can bring severe withdrawal symptoms, like seizures, that require medical attention.
- Pregnancy – If you are pregnant, you should not attempt to detox at home. Detoxing can be very dangerous for both you and your baby, and it is best to seek professional help.
- Chronic health condition – If you have a chronic health condition, like diabetes or heart disease, you should not attempt to detox at home. These conditions can complicate the detox process and make it more dangerous.
If you are unsure whether or not an at-home detox program is right for you, it is best to speak with one of our professionals before making any decisions.
At-Home Detox Services in Bluffton, SC
At-home detox from Southern Sky Recovery in Bluffton, SC is a safe and flexible way to rid your body of substances. Our program is designed to meet your specific needs and can be customized to fit into your busy schedule.
If you are considering our at-home detox program, we require you have a teachable caregiver to support you throughout the process. This could be a spouse, partner, friend, or family member. They will need to be available to help you with preparing food, transportation, and providing other support as needed.
Please call us today at 843.350.5769 or contact us online to learn more about our at-home detox program in Bluffton, SC.