Addiction Treatment in Rincon, GA
Rincon is a small Georgia community that forms part of the Savannah Metropolitan Statistical Area. It’s known for its livability and appeal to young, growing families. However, despite its many charms, Rincon also struggles with some of the problems and issues common to the nation in general. For example, a significant percentage of area residents have a substance use disorder (SUD). Disorders of this type involve separate or overlapping symptoms of addiction and serious substance abuse. Unless treated by knowledgeable professionals, they can make it difficult or impossible for you to function in everyday life.
Are you or your loved one affected by an untreated SUD in Rincon or greater Savannah? Take advantage of the expert services available at Southern Sky Recovery. Our specialized, outpatient approach helps make substance abuse and addiction treatment in Rincon both convenient and effective. Whether you need to detox from an addictive substance or begin active treatment, you’ll find a full slate of services to support your recovery.
Southern Sky Recovery is a Bluffton addiction treatment center that accepts United Healthcare insurance. Contact our admissions team today to learn more about how our South Carolina IOP can help you or a loved one overcome addiction.
Substance Use Disorders in Rincon and Greater Savannah
Substance use disorder is today’s modern term for two widespread drug- and alcohol-related problems. The first of these problems is addiction, a condition which:
- Produces long-term, damaging changes in your normal brain function
- Triggers an urgent, involuntary need to drink or consume a drug or medication
- Causes you to disregard, downgrade or ignore the impact of your substance use on your health and/or your relationships with other people
The second is substance abuse which leads to dysfunctional changes in your everyday routine without triggering addiction.
Overall, Georgia’s level of exposure to SUDs sits substantially below the norm for states across the U.S. That’s also true for Rincon and the surrounding region. Still, substance problems are not a rarity in Rincon or greater Savannah. The same can be said for the need for effective rehab services in local communities.
Want to know more about the extent of SUDs in Rincon and greater Savannah? Consult the professionals at Southern Sky Recovery today.
Who Needs Substance Abuse or Addiction Treatment in Rincon?
You may suspect that an alcohol- or drug-related substance use disorder is affecting you or your loved one. But is this suspicion accurate? Addiction specialists and doctors base their SUD diagnoses on 11 established criteria. Specific things they look for include:
- A decreased or completely absent ability to set limits on your substance intake
- Signs of substance-related disruption in your home, work, social, or leisure life
- Attitudes and behaviors that point to a loss of perspective on the damage caused by your substance use
- Signs that excessive use has changed your brain’s basic response to drinking or taking drugs
Everyone with a formal diagnosis has at least two SUD symptoms. Many affected people meet three, four, or five of the current criteria. Severe cases of the disorder produce even more symptoms.
Do you or your loved one need to undergo an assessment for substance abuse or addiction? The answer to this question may be yes if you notice things such as:
- Heavy and/or frequent drinking or drug use
- Rapid or unpredictable changes in mood
- An unusual disregard for good grooming or hygiene
- Isolation from friends or family
- Unexplained, negative changes in perspective or life outlook
- Lack of interest in previously favored recreational or leisure pursuits
Talk to us today to find out more about seeking a SUD assessment.
Going Through Detox at a Rincon Drug Rehab Center or Alcohol Rehab Center
For many people with substance use disorders, drug or alcohol detoxification is the opening step in effective rehab. Detox puts you on the path to eventual recovery by:
- Creating an environment that simplifies the task of quitting drugs or alcohol
- Protecting your general welfare as your brain and body adjust to absence of a given substance
- Making you less susceptible to the distressing effects of drug or alcohol withdrawal
- Providing prompt, expert care for uncommon but potentially serious withdrawal complications
Will you or your loved one need the benefits of a detoxification program? The main criterion for entry into detox is a SUD that involves symptoms of addiction. If you have such a disorder, plan on starting your recovery in this kind of program. Have more questions about who should take part in substance detox? The specialists at Southern Sky can answer them.
Actively Treating SUDs
Detox is not a complete solution for the problems created by substance use disorders. It can be crucial to your recovery, especially if you’re affected by multiple symptoms of addiction. However, by itself, it will not suffice. This universally acknowledged fact helps explain why everyone in rehab must receive active treatment for the SUD affecting them. Active treatment is invaluable because it takes a proactive approach to such crucial tasks as:
- Improving your understanding of the common, underlying causes of substance problems
- Determining which specific causes have played a role in the development of your condition
- Changing your perspective and behaviors in ways that support general well-being and help you stay substance-free
- Avoiding a relapse while in treatment
- Completing your rehab program
As a rule, psychotherapy is vital to achieving these goals in Rincon substance abuse treatment and/or addiction treatment. Today’s top therapy options are diverse, flexible, and suitable for helping you recover from any type of SUD. They include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
The setting in which therapy takes place is also adjustable. Participation in both group and individual sessions can help ensure that you get the full benefits of this form of treatment.
Including Medication in Your SUD Recovery Plan
Psychotherapy is not the only method used to help people addicted to opioids or alcohol. In addition, these kinds of SUDs are treated with medication. The medications used in a Rincon alcohol treatment center can:
- Help remedy alcoholism-related chemical imbalances inside your brain
- Deter you from drinking by decreasing the pleasure or satisfaction of alcohol use
- Ease some of the symptoms of prolonged or protracted alcohol withdrawal
- Help you avoid a relapse, even if you’re severely affected by addiction
The medications used in opioid treatment are just as beneficial in their own way.
For more information on how active treatment supports SUD recovery, consult us today.
Turn to Southern Sky for Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment in Rincon
Looking for top-tier providers of substance abuse or addiction treatment in Rincon? Call on the time-tested expertise of Southern Sky Recovery. We’re committed to helping you succeed throughout your transition from uncontrolled substance problems to stable abstinence. We’re also committed to simplifying the demands of adding effective treatment to your current daily routine. Contact us today to learn more about our three tiers of outpatient SUD services. With Southern Sky in your corner, timely substance recovery is now within reach.