Veterans Addicton Treatment
Veterans Addiction Treatment
If you or a loved one has served in the military and need addiction or substance abuse treatment that understands your past, you need a veterans addiction treatment center like Southern Sky Recovery. Our programs and services aim to provide veterans with the best possible experience as they navigate sobriety and develop new skills to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We understand the challenges veterans often face, which is why we work hard to provide leading and compassionate care you can’t find anywhere else.
Why Veterans Addiction Treatment Centers are Important
For many veterans, addiction is an all-too-familiar reality. Substance use is a common maladaptive coping mechanism that helps numb emotional pain and provides an escape from the stresses of daily life.
But left untreated, addiction has serious implications for those it impacts. Veterans’ addiction treatment centers that consider the needs of veterans and work to provide them with long-term support can help promote harm reduction and the development of healthier lifestyles.
As a result, drug addiction treatment for veterans must account for the realities that shape how many veterans experience substance misuse.
Mental health risk factors are among the most common potential causes of addiction for anyone, but this may be especially true for veterans. In fact, for many people, it’s impossible to separate mental health concerns from substance use; one can cause or exacerbate the other.
Overall, about 1 in 4 people with a serious mental health disorder also experience a substance use disorder (SUD). Considering how often veterans face mental health challenges, it’s not a far reach to expect that many may also be predisposed to developing addictions more frequently and severely.
As a mental health concern many veterans experience, trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) often play a crucial role in addiction. Recent estimates suggest that up to 20-29% of veterans who have served in post-Vietnam eras experience PTSD at some point in their lives.
What’s more, some 40% of people with PTSD also live with a substance use disorder, meaning veterans who have experienced trauma may be likelier than others to face addiction.
Things like physical injury, job instability, and financial limitations may disproportionately affect veterans, making it challenging to receive proper treatment as needed. Facilities not tailored to veterans may fail to address their needs and create an environment that fosters healing.
Request a Confidential Callback
Why Choose Southern Sky Recovery as a Veterans Addiction Treatment Center?
At Southern Sky Recovery, we’re committed to providing the best addiction treatment for veterans by making our services accessible and ensuring we understand how to support veterans from various backgrounds.
We believe that each client we work with has the potential to rewrite their story and what it means to them. No matter your past, we want to help you discover how to take charge of your future.
We count on therapeutic practices that are backed by research to help clients build valuable skills, address the heart of their addiction, and emphasize personal healing. Examples of methods we utilize in our addiction treatment for veterans include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Intervention services
Southern Sky Recovery is a veterans addiction treatment center within Tricare’s network, which means our services are accessible to many who have served in the military.
We give back to those who have made sacrifices by providing leading addiction and substance use disorder treatment, including programs designed to target:
- Alcohol addiction
- Opiate addiction
- Opioid addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Benzodiazepine (“benzos”) addiction
We know that there is no such thing as a “one size fits all” approach to addiction treatment. As a result, we provide additional services and programs to help clients achieve their goals and maintain their sobriety long after treatment ends.
Below are some examples of options we use to support our clients through every step of the recovery process:
- Co-occurring disorder rehab (mental health and addiction)
- Aftercare services
- Substance use disorder assessments
- Detoxification services
We Work With Most Insurance
We are an in-network provider with Cigna & Blue Cross Blue Shield, meaning up to 100% of the costs associated with treatment at our program.
Our Options for Drug Addiction Treatment for Veterans
To support as many people seeking drug addiction treatment for veterans as possible, we’ve created multiple programs covering several care levels. We work with each client to determine the best treatment plan for their needs so they can receive adequate support and guidance.
We offer treatment options such as our:
- Outpatient Program: This is our least intensive treatment option and is ideal for those at the end of their recovery journey. Clients can regularly engage in therapy while remaining free to return home and engage in their regular responsibilities, such as work, school, and community roles. We help ease the transition back to daily life by providing consistent support, allowing clients to discuss their experiences, and offering additional resources as needed.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): As a step above our traditional outpatient program, our IOP engages clients in a more rigorous treatment plan that may require additional hours or sessions. This is typically best for clients who have completed a higher level of care but are not yet ready for general outpatient care.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): Designed for those who have been hospitalized for addiction, our PHP is a stepping stone between constant supervision and a higher level of autonomy. Clients can participate in a variety of therapeutic interventions, receive medical care, and focus on preparing for recovery with the help of our expert staff.
- Gender-Specific Treatment Programs: We offer both men’s-only and women’s-only addiction treatment for veterans to offer a sense of community to our clients. Addiction can affect people of different genders in unique ways, and finding connections with others who share similar experiences can unlock the doors to new ways to grow and heal from substance misuse.
Discover Dedicated Addiction Treatment for Veterans at Southern Sky Recovery
Look no further than Southern Sky Recovery for the best veterans addiction treatment center in South Carolina. Our mission is to help you gain the confidence you may need to combat addiction and create your own path to recovery so that you can make the change you wish to see.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you.